Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Schofield Family Reunion 2008






Wow! What a great time this was! We had so much fun!!! My kids just cannot stop talking about all of their cousins. It started last Thursday and we met in Provo, UT and had a welcome dinner! We always have "The Schofield Family Olympics" and this year we were the Red Team: Lynn's to win team! We had so much fun clothing ourselves with red shirts and bandanas! Every family made their own flag for the weekend that we had to have with us at all times! We then had a picnic in the park the next morning and off to Heber Valley Lodge! Good times! I will try to post more pictures when I find them myself. I didn't have a charged battery and am stealing photos from all my family…thanks family! Man, really though we have the coolest family alive! Those Schofields and Schofield in-laws are the funnest, funniest, and happiest people I know. I've really come to appreciate happy people and am trying to teach my kids how important it is to surround yourself with the positive and not the negative/ones that will bring you down! And boy, it was fun, even to the point of puking in the night from too much candy!!! Hikes with Uncle Jason and telling the infamous "Frankie Finger Stories". And campfires: stories, songs (Aunt Amy and Aunt Kim and boys) my kids are still singing "some bologna song" that I never understood! And "Banana in your Ear". Also, roasting not only marshmallows, but, taffy and starburst, and you name it…it was over the fire! Thanks Uncle Tom! Oh, and Aunt Cindi, don't worry, if you are faced with any bears in Iowa, you know who to talk to. Korbin told his Aunt Cindi that he will fight off any bears for her. So if she's scared in the night to go and get him. The ironic thing about that statement is earlier he was screaming out of terror at a dog. I am so proud of my little man who is willing to defend all the ladies!



It was such a fun and memorable weekend. Our family is excited to spend more time together! Mom and Dad Schofield looked pooped at the end of the weekend. Probably because they knew the long road they had awaiting for them back to California! They were so much fun to have around. And Grandma the Great Bird showed up the final night and spent some time with us all. What a powerful woman she is! I am so touched that I am related to that woman. She is such a woman of love, integrity, and grace. We love her so much! Korbin Martell (which is her husband's name) was such a gentleman to her. He wanted to talk her ear off, even amidst all of the cousins running around! She is such a special person!



I personally had so much fun holding all the babies…too many to count. And I think I made a new best friend…little Ashley Parks(my niece) she wanted me to take her on hikes every minute of the day, I think it was really because of uncle Jason's stories…wow! Weren't those amazing! Hahaha. We will be laughing and widdeling forever over those stories!

1 comment:

emlizalmo said...

FUN! I am so glad you guys had a good time. I loved it so much. I would have loved staying up in Heber for a week! The kids were in heaven...with Jason's stories and all. :)