Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Annual Hospital Visit



So, last year it was Korbin cracking his head open on Easter…last Saturday, Hayden got his turn. He got his head slammed in the van door. HE is fine, he had a CT scan and thought it was the coolest ride. He refers to it as a doughnut in space. As we were leaving the hospital he says, "That was super cool mom" I told him I hope he enjoyed his $50. Ride. Our family was quite shaken up that night. I had been trying to get them loaded after a church party for about 30min. I was chasing Hayden around the outside of the church and trying to get the rest of them, including dad, to get in the car. No one was listening!!ARG. Then once we finally got in the car the last person thought everyone was in and Hayden was crawling in and SLAM! In the car, I told my kids I couldn't be a mom anymore and I was giving up because no one listens to me. I of course, started a huge meltdown and they all were bawling. Korbin didn't want to go to sleep until Hayden came home. They were all so worried about him. So some blood and swollen sides of his head for us to all learn a lesson. My kids, obviously, was to listen the first time. Me, don't ever say you can't be a mom anymore and I am giving up. Jason, to listen to his wife, the first time also! I truly am grateful for all of our trials. We are just an ordinary family learning through each experience that comes our way. I was so proud of how big everyone acted once he got hurt. (except me of course) Hali was so brave and watched the kids. I called several times over the 2 hours we were there. She was crying with Kora and Korbin the first couple of calls and then I was amazed at how strong she was. She told me she gave them hugs and said a prayer together that Hayden would be okay. I LOVE my kids and my husband. This is what I LIVE for. They are my LIFE!

8 comments:

Ange said...

Oh my goodness! Once again, feeling like the complete loser neighbor.
HAD NO IDEA! None. Not even a little ounce of an idea that that had happened. I apologize! Was that after the primary activity?

Truly, we could have stayed with the kids, or had them come hang out over here.
Glad things are alright with Hayden. Nothing like a good family adventure every once in a while, huh?

Mechelle said...

Those "banner mom" days are the worst. It is good to see mom is human once in a while though.
Glad everything is ok:)

Lara said...

I am so glad things worked out alright for little Hayden. What a scary experience!

I am glad to hear that I am not the only mom in the world that has moments when I feel like quitting. But just so you know, I see how good of a mom you are in those sweet kids of yours. You definatley are doing things right.

The Quist Family said...

Oh my gosh! I remember seeing you after the activity you trying to gather your little family, it was a little crazy that night after the party. I am so glad that Hayden is okay. That sounds so scary!! I would of been totally there to watch the kids!! Call me if you ever have an emergency or whatever!

By the way, I've quit a couple of times too, but then the kids got hungry.

Barney Family said...

Oh Poor Hayden! I still remember Korbin's stitches last Easter.

It looks like you guys are super busy from your previous post. Happy Birthday Korbin! You guys have hit the big time now that Hailey can babysit. Oh, I can't wait for those days.

2nd year not signing up for St. George! Did you? Provo River for sure!

Kellie

emlizalmo said...

Oh Kami...what a nightmare. I think I would have reacted the exact same way. You're already SO frustrated that noone seems to hear you, then THIS happens because noone is listening. I can't even tell you how many days I have where I think...I am done being MOM. DONE. In truth, I never am. I love it. I love them. My life is all about them. So glad he is OK. <3

Liz said...

Hey Kami -
I felt bad that I didn't have the chance to talk to you more at your Grandma's party! I felt like a crazy woman being there without my hubby, trying to keep track of my kids and the neighbor boy. Anyway, as soon as the magic show was through, we left for my sanity sake! :) Anyway, since I didn't get to say goodbye or chat longer to find out more about your life, I thought I'd track you down. :) Anyway, it was so fun to see you! You are still just as beautiful as ever.
Love,
Liz

Kara said...

Oh-de-lolly, golly what a day. I'm glad Hayden is okay and didn't rattle his brain overly much. I can't even count the times I've said I wish I could quit... hopefully not too many times within earshot of anyone! But those moments pass, always replaced by other moments that remind me how priceless they are.